EMERGENCY FOOD– Emergency food is provided to individuals and families in need as well as government commodities.
• 8,757 families received commodities and/or emergency food
• 1,677 families received Thanksgiving and holiday food baskets
EMERGENCY CLOTHING, FURNITURE AND HOUSEHOLD ITEMS – Individuals and families in need are provided emergency clothing free of charge. We also provide free coats to any person(s) in Pulaski County that has a need. Victims of natural disasters, e.g. fire, flood, tornado, etc., are provided household items as part of our “Restart” program.
• 8,962 items of clothing and household Items were distributed
ANGEL PROGRAM - Children living in Pulaski County receive gifts at Christmas.
PEARL PROGRAM - Senior citizens in Pulaski County receive a special blessing at Christmas.
• 895 needy children and seniors received Christmas presents
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SHELTER – Genesis: A Place of New Beginnings provides safe shelter and resources for battered women and children. Genesis maintains a shelter which comfortably houses 40 to 45 women and children and provides room for individual and group counseling, training, case management, and education to prepare survivors for independent and successful living.
• 192 women and children were housed in the Genesis shelter
• 108 women and children received professional therapy from our counselor
• 107 women and children attended support groups at Genesis